Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Lucky I did not drown in the pool!

Friday after school, my dad picked me up and took me home so I can get my things for my swimming lesson at Panmmure lagoon, my lesson started at 4.30 pm.

My instructor's name is Joseph. The first thing he got us to do was freestyle kick all the way to the end of the pool. He told us to watch him as he went underwater to show us how to do it. We put on our goggles and went underwater as he instructed.

He was kicking fast like a speeding bullet to the end of the pool. We all gave it a try and did exactly what he did, he said, "You all did good."

The next thing he wanted us to do was backstroke. It's exactly like freestyle but backwards. It was hard because the water kept coming into my mouth and I tried my best not to swallow any of it. I concentrated on doing the backstroke and finally made it to the end.

Then he wanted us to do was dolphin dives. He dived deep down and flicked his feet together at the same time, swimming like a mermaid.

I did not think I can do it because we had to hold our breaths. When we swam like dolphins it was quite a distance to the other side the pool. I was scared that I might drown to my doom. But my instructor told me that I had to do it and I just had to trust him that nothing bad will happen to me.

Finally made it to the end of the pool the lesson was over we high fived each other then I went to the changing room and dried myself, got changed and went home.

I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to my next lesson this coming Friday.

WALT understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
I know I can do this when I add appropriate similes to my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.